There are 2 main types of house surveys.

Homebuyer Report:

This report is suitable for properties with obvious issues. It won't look under your floorboards or behind the paint, but it will check for any structural issues like damp.

Building Survey:

This report is much more suited towards older properties. It will provide an in-depth report on the condition of the property.

This report can also be used if you're planning any major work on the property.

There's also another type of report called an RICS Building Survey. This kind of survey is mainly used when buying much older properties, or properties with thatched roofs.

You can read more about building surveys here.

Did this answer your question?