Purchasing property or land differs from any other purchase as it involves a different legal process. As this is a legal matter, it is required for a conveyancer to be involved.

During the process, you will require a conveyancer to act on your behalf and to complete the relevant legal checks.

As a lender, we also require a conveyancer to act on our behalf. We will use the same conveyancer as you, who will complete the legal work required for our purposes, as well as your own. This is called dual representation, as we are both being represented by the same conveyancer. This is often the fastest and most cost-effective method, as opposed to separate representation where we would have different conveyancers representing us.

In order to do act on our behalf, we would require that the conveyancer used meets our requirements and is a member of our conveyancing panel. You can view our conveyancing panel here. If the firm you wish to use is not yet on our panel, they are able to apply to join.

If for any reason, your chosen conveyancing firm is unable to join our panel, we will require that you instruct another conveyancing firm who is appointed on our panel of approved conveyancing firms.

Generation Home is committed to ensuring you the best experience possible and for these reasons, we are not able to proceed on a separate representation basis.

Did this answer your question?