There are a few documents we will always want to see.

  • Three months of bank statements

We will need to see statements showing your income and outgoings. This will allow us to properly assess your circumstances and make sure we recommend the right mortgage for you.

You can provide your banking history through Open Banking rather than uploading statements.

If you’d rather not use Open Banking, the easiest way to send us your bank statements is to log in to your online banking account and download your statements directly to your computer. There’s no need to scan anything this way, and the statements will be automatically saved to PDF format.

  • Proof of income:

Employed income: Three months of payslips

Self-employed sole trader: Latest two years accounts signed by a suitably qualified accountant

Self-employed via Limited Company: Last two years Accounts & Tax Year Overview.

  • Proof of deposit

We’ll want to see the funds you have earmarked for the deposit. This can be 3 months of saving statements or bank statements.

Or, if the deposit is a gift, we’ll provide you with a Gifted Deposit Form for you to complete.

  • Your identity verification

You can verify your identity using your customer dashboard. You’ll be asked to take a selfie and photograph a photo ID, so do have a passport or driver’s licence to hand.

  • Your address verification

We verify your address by checking the electoral roll.

If you aren’t registered to vote, we may ask for certified council tax bills, utility bills, and bank statements are all accepted forms of address ID. They must be dated within the last three months.

Please note, there are a few more documents you might also be asked for, for example:

  • Evidence of any additional income (bonuses, commission, overtime, etc)

  • Evidence of non-earned income (maintenance, tax credits, child benefit, etc)

  • Evidence of right to reside (visas or residency cards)

Did this answer your question?